Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: List of Maple Leaf Food Recall **Updated August 4, 2009**  (Read 13794 times)
GreyEyes
Administrator
Sovereign

« on: August 21, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Maple Leaf Consumer Foods are warning the public not to serve or consume the ready-to-eat deli meat products described below because these products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

The following ready-to-eat meat products bearing an Est. # 97B are affected by this alert.

Complete list of recalled items as of August 24

When I think back on all the crap I've learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all.. ~Paul Simon
GreyEyes
Administrator
Sovereign

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

UPDATE August 4, 2009:

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has issued an alert on the following Maple Leaf products and advise consumers to throw these products out:

--Hygrade Wieners, sold in 450-gram packages with a best-before date of Sept. 16;

--Shopsy's Deli-Fresh All Beef Frankfurters (value pack), sold in 3 x 675-g packages with a best-before date of Sept. 17;

--Deli-Fresh All Beef Frankfurters, sold in 450-g packages with best-before dates of Sept. 8 and Sept. 17;

--Shopsy's Deli-Fresh Regular Frankfurters, sold in 450-g packages with a best- before date of Sept. 8;

--Maple Leaf Hot Dogs Original Wieners, sold in 450-g packages with best- before dates of Sept. 8 and Sept. 17;

--Maple Leaf Top Dogs All Beef Wieners, sold in 450-g packges with best-before dates of Sept. 8 and Sept. 15;

--Maple Leaf Top Dogs Original Wieners, sold in 450-g packages with best- before dates of Sept. 9, Sept. 10, and Sept. 15;

--Maple Leaf Top Dogs Original Wieners BBQ Size, sold in 450-g packages with a best-before date of Sept. 9;

--Maple Leaf Top Dogs Wieners 33 % Less Fat, sold in 450-g packages with best-before dates of Sept. 8 and Sept. 15.

When I think back on all the crap I've learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all.. ~Paul Simon
jj
Sovereign

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »

Having due dates of Sept. 17 in early August should give you another clue about what you are eating. Preservatives up the ying yang.
MacDuff
Sovereign

Radical union stooge

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »

I only eat Larsons hot dog. Smaller lips to asshole ratio. Much less roach parts also.  :-G

I fart in your general direction

C. Mike Hunt
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »

CFIA link:  http://inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2009/20090803e.shtml
toones
Neophyte

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »

Superstore had a sale on Maple Leaf weiners last week. $1.67 or so I believe. I like the big BBQ dogs so I bought a package.  I likely ate half the package myself before the recall.  I looked at the production stamp and low behold they were on the list... hmm  I guess there really was a reason that they were so cheap. Angry

Alls good though no listeriosis for me...   Roll Eyes  Maybe its time to start buying Larsens.
GreyEyes
Administrator
Sovereign

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

The thing is that I've had no problem buying Maple Leaf products following the first listeriosis outbreak because McCain handled the crisis so well and with such honesty. Now I'm not so sure about buying their meat products in the future if listeriosis keeps popping up lke it seems to be doing....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: